Brackenhill Tower Holiday Letting
Hot Tub-Safety Document
To ensure the safe and enjoyable use of the hot tub that is provided with your holiday accommodation, we ask that you read through and adhere to the rules of this safety document.
- During pregnancy soaking in hot tub may cause damage to the foetus so please contact your doctor for advice before entering the water.
- Persons with heart disease, diabetes, low or high blood pressure or any serious illness should not enter the hot tub without prior consultation with their doctor.
- People with skin, ear, genital or other body infections, open sores or wounds should not use the hot tub because of the possibility of spreading infection.
- Parents are advised that the hot tub are not suitable for children under the age of 4 years old.
- Parents are to warn children not to allow water in their mouths as this can cause infection and illness.
- The heat of the hot tub water speeds up the effects of alcohol and cause sleepiness, dizziness and unconsciousness.
- Never use the hot tub while using narcotics or other drugs that may cause drowsiness, sleepiness or raise/lower your blood pressure.
- At 39/40 C limit your time in the hot tub to a maximum of 20 minutes, as extending this time can affect your inner organs can cause fever like conditions. At 36/37 C this time can be extended as this is body temperature and there is no risk.
- Do not immerse your head in the hot tub water. This increases the risk of infection and can heighten the dangers of drowning due to suction below the water line.
- Never use the hot tub alone. Take care when entering and leaving the hot tub. When leaving the hot tub leg muscles may be relaxed enough to make you unsteady.
- Never use glass near or in the hot tub, as broken glass can cause risk to people in bare feet and is very difficult to see within the hot tub.
- Do not use any electrical appliances near or in the hot tub.
- If any fault or damage occurs with the hot tub, please contact the owners of your property at the earliest convenient moment.
- Shower with soap and water before and after using the hot tub. Showering before use washes away many of the common skin bacteria and removes lotions, deodorants, creams, etc., which reduce the effectiveness of the spa sanitizer which disinfects the water.
- Make sure fake tan is removed before using the hot tub as this reacts to the chemicals and reduces the effectiveness of the spa sanitizer which disinfects the water. It also colours the water and marks the waterline of the hot tub.
- Never allow children to use the hot tub unsupervised and when not in use make sure the cover is on and secure.
- Avoid using the hot tub immediately after a heavy meal.
- Avoid entering the hot tub water immediately after exercising as the water temperature can affect the heart rate.
- Take care on the hot tub steps as water from the tub can cause them to be slippery.
- If any allergic reaction occurs leave the hot tub and rinse off in the shower. If reaction persists, contact a local doctor or A&E. There is a list in the information pack in your accommodation.
- Ensure no contaminants ie. Bubble bath, alcohol, oil etc are placed in the water as this can upset the chemical balance of the water and can result in allergic reactions.
- Do not turn the hot tub isolation switch off at the electricity point as the power needs to be turned on to carry out the cleaning cycles.
Note to hot tub users and Parents
It is your responsibility to enforce the rules of safety with in the property hot tub.
When you booked your accommodation, you agreed to our terms and conditions, you were also asked to return our email outlining these hot tub safety requirements stating that you agree to abide by the rules and take care in the use of the hot tub for yourself and guests.
If you do not return the email, then you will not be able to use the hot tub until you have signed a copy of this declaration, in line with our own health and safety standards and insurance requirements.
A copy of this document can be found in the accommodation or part of our terms and conditions on our website.
The life and health of you, your family and friends are important. Please practise safety and supervise your hot tub in line with these safety guidelines.
For health and safety reasons we have to clean the hot tub before each set of guests, therefore, when you arrive your hot tub may not be up to the optimum temperature. You do not to do anything as the hot tub will be switched on and set to the correct temperature. We are sorry for any inconvenience, but it is important that your hot tub is properly prepared for your use.
To comply with HSE regulations, the hot tub water will be checked during your stay. Please ensure the hot tub cover is clear for this testing to be carried out.
We hope you enjoy your stay and get most from your hot tub while you are with us.
I agree to the terms and conditions as stated above while using the hot tub and understand it is my own liability to that myself and my group staying with Brackenhill Tower adhere to the safety requirements as stated herein.
Please sign and return to: FAO Mrs Jan Ritchie, Cove Farm, Cove Estate, Kirkpatrick Fleming DG11 3AT