Brackenhill Tower is the perfect location for a holiday exploring the Scottish Borders, the North of England and the nearby Lake District, or a perfect venue for your wedding accommodation after a Gretna Green Wedding.
Enjoy the following activities here in Border country …
- Quadbiking & Go Karting
- Golf courses at Powfoot, Hoddom, Lochmaben and Langholm
- The Old Blacksmiths Shop, Gretna Green
- Gretna Retail Outlet, Gretna
- The Samye Ling Temple, Langholm
- Carlisle Castle & Cathedral
- Robert Burns House and Mausoleum, Dumfries
- Hadrians Wall, Brampton
- Wanlockhead (highest village in Scotland)
- Lochmaben Castle
ALL THE ABOVE ARE 10 – 30 MINUTES DRIVE
Check availability and / or book online using our online booking facility below:
Ideally situated for walkers with the Southern Upland Way, Annandale Way, Moffat and Beattock hills and the Moffat walks on the doorstep.
Moffat itself was the first “Walkers Welcome” town in Scotland.
The area surrounding Moffat offers an ideal location for cycling including national and local dedicated routes or try the world famous 7 Stanes mountain bike trials.
A must visit motor bike destination, 15 recommended routes around the Moffat area, planned by bikers for bikers.
There are a host of events taking place in the town of Moffat and the region of Dumfries and Galloway throughout the year.
Head out of Moffat to the famous Grey Mares Tail then along to St. Mary’s Loch and round by Eskdalemuir on as remote and beautiful roads as any where in the world.
Glasgow, Edinburgh and Carlisle are all with in easy drive opening the door to a wealth of tourist attractions including:
- Hadrian’s Wall,
- The Lake District,
- Galloway Forest,
- Edinburgh & Stirling Castles,
- Burns country,
- the Ayrshire coast and the Scottish Borders.
All of the following are within easy reach:
- The Devils Beeftub,
- Moffats Templar Chapel,
- Frenchland Tower,
- Gretna Green,
- Drumlanrig Castle,
- Troqueer house,
- Caerlaverock Castle,
- Carlisle Castle,
- Hadrian’s Wall & King Robert The Bruce’s Cave.
Station Park, Moffat offers peddle boats, a play park and an interactive water feature. Hope Johnstone Park, Moffat has skate board park and soft play.
A short drive away are:
- Cream o Galloway,
- Dumfries Museum and Camera Obscura,
- Dalscone Farm,
- Mabie Farm Park,
- Hetland Dino Park,
- Farmers Den,
- Walby Farm Park,
- Wanlockhead Leads Mining Museum.
- Gretna Green, Romantic Capital of the World – 3 miles
- Annan, Historic home of Robert The Bruce – 7 miles
- Carlisle, Historic Border City – 12 miles
- Lockerbie, Market Town – 12 miles
- Dumfries, Gateway to Galloway Coast
These external web sites open into a new browser window: