Our Self Catering Accommodation
Brackenhill is the perfect location for a luxury break or holiday exploring the Scottish Borders, the North of England and the nearby Lake District, or a perfect venue for your wedding accommodation after a Gretna Green Wedding. Relax and unwind in your own hot tub jacuzzi set in a pergola in the grounds.
We have two unique self-contained properties available for accommodation at Brackenhill: The Tower House and and The Jacobean Cottage.
The Tower House (sleeps 10)
Outside the Tower, guests have access to 2.5 acres of gardens, a gas bbq and extensive woodland and river walks.
The Tower House has a Hunting Lodge and the Tower itself forming one spacious property full of historical character and modern luxury …
Check availability and / or book online:
The Hunting lodge comprises the entrance foyer and w/c.
The entrance hall leads to spacious lounge, stairs to two en-suite bedrooms and tower entrance.
- Lounge – a 25’x17’ spacious lounge complete with 52” plasma TV, DVD (selection of titles) and Hi Fi along with selection of books, tourist information and games.
Upstairs landing leading to two bedrooms; the landing has a study area with computer and internet access.
- Bedroom 1 – a double bedroom in chic Italian style with en-suite shower and w/c
- Bedroom 2 – a double bedroom with four-poster bed, period furniture and en-suite shower and w/c.
The Tower covers four floors:
- Ground Floor: kitchen complete with range type cooker (electric) fridge, freezer, dishwasher, washing machine / dryer, microwave, etc complete with dining area.
- First Floor / Great Hall: a magnificent feature dining room with table seating for 14 and head table for 4. This room has a wealth of original features.
- Second Floor / Master Bedroom (honeymoon suite) – the finely carved king size 4 poster bed dominates this room full of character. The main bathroom / master en-suite has a large shower, slipper bath and w/c.
- Third Floor: large bedroom complete with 4 single beds and with full en-suite facilities.
N.B: access to the Tower rooms are via spiral staircase.
The Jacobean Cottage (sleeps 4-6)
Outside the Cottage guests have access to 2.5 acres of gardens, a gas bbq and woodland and river walks.
Downstairs comprises the entrance into kitchen / dining area (complete with W/C) and a spacious lounge.
- Kitchen includes fridge, freezer, washer, dryer, dishwasher, microwave etc.
- Dining area seating 6
- Lounge spacious lounge complete with inglenook fire place, 48” plasma TV, DVD (selection of titles) CD and Hi Fi along with a selection of books, tourist information and games.
Upstairs comprises two bedrooms and main shower room / en suite for bedroom 1.
- Bedroom 1 is a large double bedroom with exposed wooden beams. Double sofa bed for extra sleeping space in this bedroom.
- Bedroom 2 is a large en-suite bedroom with exposed wooden beams.
N.B low exposed wooden beams (6’) thoughout downstairs.